Latest News‎ > ‎

U-14 Team Are County Champions

posted 25 Nov 2012, 11:10 by Unknown user   [ updated 25 Nov 2012, 11:10 by Colm Beirne ]

Goals seal the deal for Kilmore

Kilmore 4-10 Oran 1-10

By Brian Carroll

Kilmore completed the division 3 championship and League double in the U-14 final played in a chilly Knockcroghery on Sunday last. It was Oran who got the scoring underway when Darragh Walsh slotted over a good point. Kilmore responded in excellent fashion tho when Kilmore midfielder Sean Collins took a shot from a long way out and the ball ended up in the back of the Oran net. Kilmore added their second goal a couple of minutes later when a high ball from Cormac O Rouke was fisted to the back of the net by Kilmore's Oisin Boland to send the north Roscommon team into a 4 point lead, 2-0 to 0-2 with 18 minutes on the clock. Oran then fought back well and 2 unanswered points left just 2 points between the teams with 5 minutes to half time. Colman Earley then neeted a crucial goal for Kilmore and another Kilmore point left Kilmore leading 3-1 to 0-4 at the interval. A Colman Earley free got the second half scoring up and running to push Kilmore 3-2 to 0-4 ahead. Oran then hit back with a goal from Aaron Casey and a point from a free to leave the score 3-2 to 1-5 with 5 minutes of the second half played. Kilmore replied with a Colman Earley point but 2 Oran points from the boots of Darragh Walsh and Ciaran Lawless left just 2 points between the teams with 7 minutes of the second half played. A free from Cormac O Rourke pushed Kilmore 3 clear but an excellent point from Aaron Casey left the margin at 2 again. Ciaran Lawless then kicked a great score to leave just 1 point between the sides with 15 to play. Colman Earley then kicked a super point for Kilmore to push them 2 clear. With 12 to play the lively Darragh Walsh broke through on goal only for Sean Cox to pull off an excellent save to keep Oran at bay. CormacO Roke then put Kilmore 3 clear with 10 to play with a very good free and O Rourke added another good point from play after excellent work by Cameron Crossan. Then came the crucial score of the game as Colman Earley won possesion at midfield, drove the ball forward for his cousin Diarmuid Earley to get a neat fist to the ball to send the ball to the back of the Oran net to send Kilmore 7 points clear. Cormac O Rourke then kicked another great point from play but the score of the game came as Brian Holohan won possesion in the back line and the ball was moved from Oisin Boland to Cormac O Rourke who set up Niall Gannon to kick a great score. In injury time the very impressive Darragh WAlsh kicked a point from play but it was to be Kilmore's day as the referee blew the final whistle to seee Kilmore win by 4-10 to 1-10. This was a very well contested game by both sides and both teams left everything on the pitch as the game was full of determination and battle by Oran and Kilmore.

Kilmore : Sean Cox, Padraig Earley, Shane MCGowan, Brian Holohan, Daniel Burke, Cormac O Rourke, Sean Collins, Oision Boland, Colman Earley, Niall Gannon, Cameron Crossan, Diarmuid Earley, Fiachra Doyle.

Oran : Conor Doorly, Colm Early, Diarmuid Collins, Eoghan Grady, Conor MCNeill, Brian Diffley, JAmes Fannon, Thomas Fallon, Liam Earley, Darragh Walsh, Michael Earley, Ciaran Lawless, Aaron Casey.